Xunlong Orange Pi 3
|Xunlong Orange Pi 3|
|Dimensions||90mm x 64mm|
|Release Date||January 2019|
|Website||Orange Pi 3 Product Page|
|SoC||H6 @ 1.8 Ghz|
|DRAM||1GiB/2GiB LPDDR3 @ xxxMHz|
|NAND||8GB eMMC (optional)|
|Power||DC 5V @ 2A (4.0mm/1.7mm barrel plug - centre positive)|
|Video||HDMI type A full, composite on AV port|
|Audio||3.5mm headphone plug, HDMI, onboard microphone|
|Network||WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (AP6256), 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet (Realtek RTL8211E)|
|Storage||µSD, optional soldered eMMC|
|USB||1 USB2.0 Host, 1 USB2.0 OTG, 4 x USB3.0 host (via hub chip)|
If a device is special, then feel free to provide a terse description of what makes this device so special. But terse, no novels, no marketing blurb.
The currently sold board has the following text on top: Orange Pi 3 v1.5.
USB, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, HDMI, DVFS and thermal regulation works on mainline linux with some trivial out-of-tree patches.
Optional. Add MANUFACTURER DEVICE specific sunxi ROM images here. E.g. a livesuit image or some other linux image which uses linux-sunxi code. Do not put non-sunxi images here, they should live under See also. If no sunxi based images are available, this section can be removed.
Optional. Add MANUFACTURER DEVICE sunxi HW-pack specifics here. When empty, this section can be removed.
Optional. Add MANUFACTURER DEVICE sunxi BSP specifics here. When empty, this section can be removed.
You can build things for yourself by following our Manual build howto and by choosing from the configurations available below.
- https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/OrangePiH6_uboot - BSP U-Boot
Direct support for this board is not yet in the mainline U-Boot, but it is possible to use U-Boot built for Orange Pi One Plus combined with ATF built with PLAT=sun50i_h6.
- https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/OrangePiH6_external - FEX/WiFi firmware files
- https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/OrangePiH6_Linux4_9 - BSP kernel
Config name is OrangePiH6_3_defconfig
Use the sun50i-h6-orangepi-3.dts device-tree binary (available since kernel 5.2).
Mainline Linux kernel device tree file for this board is being prepared in this Linux tree:
The tree contains support for USB ports, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, RTC, HDMI, DVFS and thermal regulation.
For WiFi, you'll need a fw_bcm43456c5_ag.bin firmware file and nvram.txt configuration that can be found in the Xulongs's repository for H6:
Mainline brcmfmac driver expects the firmware and nvram at the following paths relative to the firmware directory:
For Bluetooth 5.0, you'll need a BCM4345C5.hcd firmware file that can be found in the Xulongs's repository for H6:
The driver expects the firmware at the following path relative to the firmware directory:
Tips, Tricks, Caveats
- USB power rails are directly connected to the 5V input power, including on the micro USB connector (you'll have trouble powering the board from the DC jack, and using the microUSB port to connect the board to a PC at the same time). The board can be powered via DC input or via microUSB with a PSU like an Aukru 5V 3A; powering from an USB 3 port should work but is untested.
- The schematic specifies a total current limit of 1.5A per the double USB 3.0 connector.
- The schematic shows optional polyfuse circuit to limit the USB current, but there's no polyfuse on the v1.5 of the board.
- If you try this, beware of the direct connection between microUSB VBUS and DCIN.
Device specific topic
If there are no further device specific topics to add, remove these sections.
Using serial port
Like with other Orange Pi boards, UART uses 3.3V signalling and is 5V tolerant so you can use any of the usual USB-UART dongles. UART pin header is easily accessible.
Locating the UART
UART is located between the mic and the power on key. Pin order: GND-RX-TX. GND is marked by a white arrow.
Take some pictures of your device, upload them, and add them here. DO NOT UPLOAD PICTURES WHICH YOU PLUCKED OFF THE INTERNET.
Also known as
List rebadged devices here.
- AXP805 Datasheet: File:AXP805 Datasheet V1.0 en.pdf
- H6 Datasheet: File:Allwinner H6 V200 Datasheet V1.1.pdf
- H6 User Manual: File:Allwinner H6 V200 User Manual V1.1.pdf
- Schematics 1.5: File:OrangePi 3 Schematics v1.5.pdf
Optional. Add non-sunxi images in this section.